John Brown & Company (JB&Co) was a leading shipyard, located in Cyldebank, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland. The shipyard formally operated as J&G Thompson from 1871 to 1899. JB&Co. In 1967, JB&Co. amalgamated into the Upper Clyde Shipbuilders group of companies. JB&Co was one of the worlds leading shipbuilders throughout the first half of the twentieth century, with its position on the river Clyde allowing for the launching of very large ships, and its early work with turbines brought in many naval and liner contracts.