Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas (behind)
The MS Oasis of the Seas is a cruise ship owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. She is currently the largest passenger ship in the world.
- Class: Oasis class cruise ship
- Tonnage: 225,282 GT
- Length Overall: 360 m (1,181 ft)
- Beam @ WL: 47 m (154 ft)
- Beam Extreme: 60.5 m (198 ft)
- Height Above WL: 72 m (236 ft)
- Draught: 9.3 m (31 ft)
- Depth: 22.55 m (74 ft)
- Decks: 16
- Installed power: 3 ea Wärtsilä 12V46D (13,860 kW/18,590 hp each), 3 ea Wärtsilä 16V46D (18,480 kW/24,780 hp each)
- Propulsion: 3 × 20 MW ABB Azipod (podded propulsion)
- Thrusters: 4 x 5,500 kilowatts (7,380 hp) tunnel thrusters
- Speed: 22.6 knots
- Capacity: 5,400 passengers double occupancy; 6,296 total
- Crew: 2,165
Interesting Facts and Features
The vessel's air draft exceeds that of the Great Belt Fixed Link in Denmark which the ship had to pass under to get to the open sea. Passage was made possible by retractable funnels and the ship squat effect. The ship cleared with less than 2 feet to spare.
The ship also features a zip-line, a casino, mini-golf course, volleyball courts, basketball courts, a theme park, nurseries, work-out facilities, spa, and four swimming pools.
- DNV Entry 
- Yahoo News 
- Oasis presskit